Welcome to the May 2021 issue of Inkandescent Women magazine: A note from Hope Katz Gibbs and Cynthia de Lorenzi, co-authors, Your What’s Next Journal — If you have been following our adventure of crafting monthly issues of Your What’s Next Journal, you know that we offer Affirmations that we recite ourselves to open our hearts and remind us of our blessings.
On the cover of the magazine this month: You’ll meet our new friend, movie maker Martine Melloul. She was introduced to us by our client Tracy Schott, an award-winning documentary filmmaker who has become an advocate to end domestic violence since producing her 2015 groundbreaking movie, “Finding Jenn’s Voice.” She interviewed Martine for one of her weekly podcast shows, and we all agreed we had to tell the story of this truly amazing woman on the May cover of the magazine. Click here to read that issue and meet some of Martine’s best pals in the movie business!
As a bonus: Each month, we ask one of the dear women in our network to share their Affirmations with us, as well. Below you’ll also find some from one of our favorite women in Washington, DC — international fashion designer Laura Lee Williams. Take a look, repeat to yourself the ones that fit what you are feeling at the moment, then, as you get more comfortable with the art of creating Affirmations, begin to write and recite your own.
Add a little oomph to our daily words of wisdom: As you repeat them, scribble, doodle, and draw freely about the thoughts and images that these powerful words conjure up. By simply moving your intuitive thoughts into your hands and move the pen, paint whatever unconsciously, even with your eyes open or closed, to freely move healing in through and out of your body and consciousness.
Cynthia’s Affirmations of the Month
- There is more than enough abundance, prosperity, wealth, and money in the universe, and I easily attract this to me.
- Money flows easily to me from expected and unexpected sources
- I am happy and confident in drawing to me all that I need to live a happy and comfortable life
- It is easy for me to pay my bills and to save for the future
- I welcome abundance, prosperity, and money to my life, knowing that I am worthy and deserving of universal abundance
- I know that prosperity and wealth is not just money, and it is easy for me to vibrate energy that attracts wealth in all aspects of my life
- I always have more than enough to share with and help others. I delight in sharing my abundance and gifts!
- I do work that I love and easily receive abundance and rewards from the universe for the work that I do.
- I easily release all resistance to money and happily allow money, prosperity, and abundance to flow through me.
- I am a magnet for prosperity, wealth, and abundance easily draw that to me
Laura Lee Williams’ Affirmations about Abundance
- I am not afraid of money.
- I am grateful for what I have.
- My friends and colleagues are making all the money they want and need.
- The glass is half full.
- Just holding the glass is my blessing.
- I work hard, regardless of the reward.
- Today I am learning, reaching, and doing for everything I desire.
- No matter what, I endure.
Laura Lee’s Word of the Month: DISCIPLINE
What do Affirmations mean to Laura Lee? Affirmations are a means to keep me in check. These daily thoughts and phrases ground me in my actions and keep the integrity of what is important in my heart. I’ve learned that by being disciplined, honest, and true to what I hold sacred — whether it is paying it to forward to others or worshipping the almighty dollar — by sticking to my affirmations, I have a calm, relaxed relationship with money. Most important to me are the wonderful life experiences I have — not the total amount in my bank account.
How long have you been creating and reciting these daily Affirmations? More than 20 years!
What inspired Laura Lee to begin this practice? My precious Sunday school teacher
What is the impact for Laura Lee? Calmness and an honest and healthy relationship with myself.