April-May 2022: A Note from Hope Katz Gibbs, publisher, Inkandescent Women magazine — I love this quote by critically-acclaimed Chilean writer Isabel Angélica Allende Llona. Her books live in the genre of magical realism, including The House of the Spirits (La casa de los espíritus, 1982) and City of the Beasts (La ciudad de las bestias, 2002). Based upon her personal experience and historical events, Isabel’s works pay homage to the lives of incredible women, while weaving together elements of myth and realism. It’s hard not to adore a woman who understands the depth and breadth of what it means to harness your personal power in a magical manner.
The same is true of the women who grace the cover of this month’s issue of Inkandescent Women magazine featuring Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro. She shines a light on a dozen of the women she has featured on her popular TV and podcast show that celebrates Happy Hour every Friday at 5pm EST, Margaritas with Marguerita.
Since launching Margaritas with Marguerita in January 2020, Rita has interviewed nearly 60 people in the financial industry who have made it their life’s work to help women harness their financial power. “My greatest joy and passion is touching the lives of others so that they may achieve their personal financial success,” says Rita, founder, and president of Blue Ocean Global Wealth, which helps women gain clarity, confidence, and control over their finances.
Wealth Management Rules: Of her first book, published in 2014 by our Inkandescent PR + Publishing Co., Rita says: “It is my way of giving back to my clients and other women, minorities, and multicultural families like my own. My goal is to help readers achieve this goal in 12 simple steps because everyone deserves to have peace of mind when it comes to their financial future.”
Diary of a CFP® Pro: In her new book, which is being rolled out on InkandescentPublishing.com a chapter at a time throughout 2022, Rita offers another easy-to-understand 12-step guide to help women, especially, take control of their financial future. “I see too many women struggle with financial freedom — especially if their husband dies, they get divorced, or they simply don’t like thinking about money,” Rita explains. “This book is my way of helping them take control of the one thing that will put them in control of their lives.”
So, it is an honor to feature a dozen women with a similar mission:
- Video of the Month: Bonnie Yam teaches us the importance of financial wellness
- Podcast of the Month: Esther Diaz, the founder of the Piggy Box, helps parents teach kids how to manage money
- Cate Luzio tells us what inspired her to create We are Luminary
- René Nourse CFP® shares her insights about “Women and Wealth: The Next New Normal in the US”
- Lili A. Vasileff, CFP®, is the author of the bestseller, “Money & Divorce”
- Educator Dien Yuen teaches us about the future of philanthropy
- Kathleen Burns Kingsbury is a wealth psychology expert, author, and financial coach
- Lisa Morales-Hellebo paints a worrisome picture about the future of the supply chain and helps us understand how we can all help fix it
- Priya Dhanani, Senior Program Officer at the Asia Foundation on women’s empowerment and gender equality
- Dana Wilson is the founder and CEO of CHIP: Changing How Individuals Prosper
- Felicia Gopaul author and founder of Financial Control Mastery prepare us for the 5Ds of life
- Julie Pinkerton, CEO of ClientFirst-Evozen, is Redefining the Collaborative Community
Rita concludes: “My wish for you is to feel in control of your financial future and have a fabulous time enjoying your life today while preparing for all the wonderful things yet to come!”
Thank you so much for taking the time to be part of our Truly Amazing Women project at Inkandescent Women magazine. We look forward to talking with you again next month! — Hope Katz Gibbs, founder, Inkandescent PR + Publishing Co.