"This is what 56 looks like!" — Reston Limousine's Kristina Bouweiri, founder of Sterling Women, mother of 5listen read
Entrepreneur Kristina Bouweiri, President & CEO, Reston Limousine
Winter 2019 — Hello and welcome to the launch of Inkandescent Women magazine, the project I began in 2008 as TrulyAmazingWomen.com. I’m journalist, publicist, and serial entrepreneur Hope Katz Gibbs.
Like most people, my business and I are a work in progress. Back in 2008, the year I also founded my PR firm and publishing company The Inkandescent™ Group, LLC, my mission for the Truly Amazing Women project was to shine an Inkandescent light on women around the country who are making strides and changing lives. My goal was to inspire others to do the same.
Today, that goal has gotten much more ambitious. I am now determined to use this magazine as a platform that helps get more women into political office, and onto corporate boards — while we take back control of our bodies, earn equal pay for equal work, and truly support each other as we cycle as mothers, lovers, and friends through life’s joys and challenges.
I couldn’t think of a more powerful cover girl to launch this first issue of the magazine than Kristina Bouweiri, owner of Reston Limousine — Washington DC metropolitan area’s largest luxury transportation provider. She’s also the founder of the popular luncheon series Sterling Women, the creator of the Reston Limo wine tour, on several corporate boards, the winner of dozens of awards — and the mother of 5.
Kristina and I met back in 2001 when we sat next to each other at a women’s networking event. Kristina’s warmth, humor, and obvious business brilliance made me (and thousands of others who have been influenced by her) want to know her. Watching Kristina rock and roll her company to the largest of its kind in the DC area in the years since has been truly amazing. But, honestly, I knew the day I met her that she had it in her to create whatever she could imagine. Her joyous spirit, candor, and generosity are like that of most truly amazing women. “It just takes the confidence, and some serious support, to turn dreams into reality,” she confides.
Kristina’s favorite quote is, “Never say no!” You’ll learn why as we launch into our 10 questions for Kristina in our video and podcasts interviews.
Before we do, let’s learn a little more about how she’s grown Reston Limousine into a multimillion-dollar company.
- Starting with the diversification into wedding transportation in 1990, Kristina expanded her business into new market segments such as government contracts and group transportation.
- Even as shuttle contracts led to exponential growth for the company, Kristina created new markets on the charter side, such as the company’s signature wine tours in DC’s Wine Country.
- An active business community leader, Kristina joined the boards of influential civic organizations and business publications such as the DC Chamber of Commerce, SmartCEO magazine, Inova Loudoun Hospital Foundation, and Enterprising Women magazine.
- She also is a member of the Dean’s Council of the George Mason School of Business, where she helped launch a Women’s in Business Initiative program to support students, alumnae and other businesswomen.
- The Washington Business Journal named Kristina one of the 50 most powerful and influential women in Washington and she has been featured in numerous media and trade publications such as The Washington Post, Washington SmartCEO and Enterprising Women.
If that’s not enough, this woman in a traditionally male-dominated industry, Kristina is committed to supporting other women entrepreneurs:
- She is the founder of the monthly networking luncheon Sterling Women and the annual Virginia Women’s Business Conference – two programs that have helped hundreds of women entrepreneurs and executives achieve their professional goals.
- She also is an international speaker on topics ranging from business strategy to the use of social media in growing your business, including at the Global Summit of Women in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Recent awards include George Mason University Outstanding Leadership Award, Heroine of Washington, Washington Business Journal Power 100, and National Operator of the Year.
Amazing, right! So don’t miss our video or podcast interview where she answers our 10 questions:
1. Why do you love what you do?
2. What part of your business are you most passionate about?
3. What aspect of your career tested you the most?
4. What was the major crossroads in your career? How did you handle it?
5. Looking back, what advice would you have for your 25-year-old self?
6. What do you love most about being a woman in the business world?
7. What do you hate about being a woman in the business world — and what would you change if you could?
8. What’s your top leadership lesson for other women?
9. Do you live by that lesson?
10. You are clearly at the top of your career — what have you not yet accomplished?
Be sure to watch our video interview!
And you can learn more about this Inkandescent Woman bylistening our longer form podcast interview on the Truly Amazing Women Radio Show on InkandescentRadio.com.
Be sure to connect with Kristina at:
- Reston Limousine: www.RestonLimo.com
- LinkedIn: @KristinaBouweiri
- Facebook: @kristina.bouweiri
- Instagram: @bouweiri
- Twitter: @restonlimo
I’m Hope Katz Gibbs, publisher of Inkandescent Women magazine, and host of Truly Amazing Women TV — a series published by my firm, The Inkandescent™ Group, LLC. I look forward to bringing you the story soon of the life and accomplishments of another Inkandescent Woman who is making strides and changing lives.