A Note from Hope Katz Gibbs & Cynthia de Lorenzi, co-hosts, Truly Amazing Women TV — We are thrilled to introduce you to Brianna Ruelas, a Dallas-based Performing Artist Consultant, Realty TV music coach, and the author of the bestseller Make Reality TV Your Reality.
As a singer and performer for 30 years, Brianna studied internationally and performed in just about every genre — from jazz to rock to pop. She received a BA in Theatre Arts from Pepperdine University and spent the following years honing her musical theatre chops. Brianna later began pursuing music as a solo artist and worked as a commercial voiceover actor. She also fronted her own rock band and experienced the reality TV craze in its early days, as a Top 100 finalist on American Idol, Season 4.
“I know what it feels like to be up on that stage, and am passionate about supporting my clients to achieve success as a reality singing show winner, and leverage that experience to ignite their music careers,” she shares.
What’s Next for Brianna and the Reality TV music industry? Scroll down to find out!
Center Stage: What’s Next for Musician Brianna Rueles?
Hope & Cynthia: Tell us briefly about your business/industry and where it was before the pandemic hit in March 2020.
Brianna: I am a strategy consultant for Indie performing artists and am passionate about empowering independent musicians to create sustainable careers. When the COVID-19 pandemic arrived, I was in the midst of a huge launch for my online course. It was a tough time to sell a high ticket class, especially to musicians and artists that just lost most of their gigs. I knew that I could help them, but I also felt that it was time for me to shift my trajectory in my focus a bit as well.
Within that first month, I felt compelled to start writing my second book and create an online course to hone in on a topic no one was offering real support on How To Get On A Reality Singing Show. By June, my online course was complete, and by August, my book was released on Amazon.
I am now niching down even further. While still serving independent music artists, I’m focusing on performers interested in auditioning for a reality singing show. My goal is to help as many artists as possible achieve reality singing show success and show them how to leverage the platform as a springboard for long-lasting successful music careers.
Hope & Cynthia: Where were you personally in your life at that time? What were your short and long-term goals?
Personally, I was in a funk. I was feeling extremely uneasy and unsettled. My husband and I also own a restaurant, and that industry is almost always challenging. Then came the coronavirus, and financially it became a terrifying time that hasn’t quit.
But that also inspired me. I knew that I needed to get clear on my direction and needed a little space to process my feelings and options. So I loaded up my girls in the car and June and drove from our home in Dallas to Taos, New Mexico. That’s all it took. Some time in the “Land of Enchantment” helped get my head straight.
I created a fresh mindset, squashed limiting beliefs, and finalized my online course. I also hired a marketing coach to align my brand, message, and marketing plan as a Reality TV Music Coach. I now am confident about fleshing out this unique niche in the music industry.
Hope & Cynthia: Tell us about what you see coming for your industry, your business, your personal life, your heart?
I’m extremely grateful for the growth and transformation this Pandemic has offered me. Turning Lemons into Lemonade is possible, and opportunities will come your way when you choose to take action, get support in your career, make a shift when things aren’t working, and BELIEVE you are capable of accomplishing an awesome life and career!
My heart is full, and my three girls are watching their mom live out her dreams. My husband is extremely proud and supportive as well, and honestly, their support has made this entire evolution that much sweeter.
Hope & Cynthia: Now the big question: What do you see coming next?
- For your industry: More big changes. I am convinced that most small music venues that are privately-owned will not reopen after the pandemic. Artists will have to evolve, shift, and create new opportunities outside of living performance to build their brand. They’ll have to learn to utilize the world wide web to make their music impact, and for many, this will come naturally. But for those who’ve been in the industry for a long time, there will be a big learning curve. The positive impact of this is that challenge creates growth. Talk about innovation and creativity — this is definitely flowing. I’m certain there will be some amazing music projects released, in addition to a heightened sense of community among artists who know they need more than ever to work together.
- For your company: The sky is the limit. As I grow, my small business grows, too. I am pressing forward. I am innovating. I am creating opportunities to support my niche audience in new ways that aren’t currently available. I’m full of hopeful expectancy and plan to impact many people’s lives!
- For yourself: I experience continued growth as I adjust to this new normal and am focused on creating a balance between work and home life that honors my family and respects the energy and time my girls need from their Mom.
- For the country: Sadly, this is the most concern I’ve ever felt about our country. There is a lot of things that will happen in the future that is still unknown. I pray we can heal, come together, and move forward in unity — and become a respected nation once again.
- For the world: Continued change. I believe the world will look very different for my daughters than it has for me. I hope it will be a safe place where we have the freedom to create, love, and make a difference. I’m holding on to that.
- For women: More Power. My Love. More Community. This is such an amazing time to be a businesswoman, and I believe opportunities will continue expanding. That being said, I believe women must be prepared to step into the opportunities as they show up. We need to maintain our edge, continue learning, and operate at the top of our game.
Learn more about Brianna:
- Visit her website: briannaruelasmusic.com.
- Check out her book Make Reality TV Your Reality on Amazon.
- Her new book went live on Aug. 25, 2020: Crush Your Reality Singing Show Audition & Ignite Your Music Career.
- Make a plan for your successful music career: Schedule a breakthrough session with Brianna here.