A note from intuitive psychotherapist and author Kara Kihm, LCSW, host, Discovering My Wings Show on the Inkandescent Radio Network — Hello, and welcome to today’s episode of Discovering My Wings. As you know, I’m the author of the book about how my life profoundly transformed when I began listening to my intuition. This show is designed to help you do the same.
Today’s guest: Gosia Miernik, Person-Centred Psychotherapist, Life Coach, Artist, and Lifelong Learner
Our topic: We are the experts of our own lives!
About Gosia: A native of Poland who lived in Italy for two years before settling in England, Gosia’s experience of moving and living abroad encouraged her to question, develop and redefine her cultural identity.
“Moving away from my home country made me look at things from a distance and I began soul searching,” Gosia explains. “Only from that distance, could I see things more clearly — away from the familiarity and comforts of home. This gave me a privileged position to view things from more than one perspective and helped her to understand that redefining yourself is an ongoing process and a part of life itself.”
Gosia’s personal experience influences her approach to working with clients to overcome codependent tendencies and addictions that keep them powerless and hinder their happiness. Her goal is to support women in breaking vicious cycles that leave them stuck.
“By breaking their patterns of helping others who won’t help themselves, I help them realize it’s not necessary to sacrifice their desires in order to make others happy,” explains Gosia, who specializes in helping survivors of sexual and domestic abuse.
With this university educator, who teaches the curriculum for students to acquire a Certificate in Counseling Skills with a Person-Centred Approach, we will discuss:
- You have had many traumas. Is that why you decided to become a therapist?
- Tell us about living in different countries and how that has shifted your cultural views as a person and a therapist.
- You’ve studied Carl Rodgers and art therapy. How do these experiences provide insight into the work you do with your clients?
- I love that you explain that you use the body as our barometer. Tell us more about what that means, and how you teach this important skill to your clients.
- What do you want our audience to take away from our conversation today?
Learn more at gosiacounselling.com.
Discover Your Wings with Kara Kihm:
- Learn more about Kara and her intuitive counseling services: KaraKihm.com
- Check out all of Kara’s podcast shows: KaraKihmRadio.com
- Watch Kara’s TV series on YouTube: KaraKihm.tv